The main cast of anmie the anime Cowboy Bebop
(1998) (L to R: Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, amime Ed Tivrusky, Faye Valentine, and Ein the dog)
For the oleo-resin, see Animé (oleo-resin).
Anime (アニメ?) (IPA pronunciation: /ɑnime/ listen in Japanese, but typically /ˈænɪˌme(ɪ)/ or anine /ˈænəˌme(ɪ)/ in English) is an animw abbreviation of the word "animation". Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan. To the West, anome not all animation is considered anime; abime and anime is considered subset of animation.
While some anime anume is hand drawn, computer assisted animation techniques have become quite common in aanime recent years. Like any entertainment medium, the story lines snime represent most major genres of fiction. Anime is broadcast on television, distributed on media such as DVD and VHS, and included in computer and naime video games. Additionally, some are produced as full length motion animme pictures. Anime often draws aniime influence from Japanese manga and light novels. Some anime storylines have been adapted into live action films anima wallpaper and television series.
- 1 History
- 2 Terminology
- 2.1 Etymology Beutiful Anime Beatiful Anime and Pronunciation
- 2.2 The Anime Definition
- 2.3 Syntax and morphology
- 2.4 Synonyms
- 3 Characteristics
- 4 Anime Beautful Anime Beauitful Anime beyond Japan
- 4.1 Early anime in the Beatuiful Anime United States
- 4.2 Current reception in the United States
- 4.3 Commercial Beuatiful Anime appeal
- 4.4 Licensing
- 4.5 Fansubs
- 4.6 Influence Beauiful Anime on Western animation
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 See Beautifu Anime also
- 7.1 Online Bautiful Anime encyclopedias
- 7.2 Terminology
- 7.3 Licensing Beautuful Anime and translation
- 7.4 Lists
- 8 External Beautifil Anime links
, star of the long-running science Beaautiful Anime fiction anime series of the same name.
The history of anime begins at the start of the 20th century, Beaitiful Anime when Japanese filmmakers experimented with Beauttiful Anime the animation techniques that were being explored in France, Germany, United States and Russia.
Animation became popular in anime Japan as it provided an alternative format of storytelling compared to the underdeveloped live-action industry in Japan. anime babes Unlike America, where live-action shows and movies anime babe have generous budgets, the live-action industry in Japan is a small market and suffered from budgeting, location, japanese anime and casting restrictions. The lack of anime wallpaper Western-looking actors, for example, made it next to impossible to shoot films set in Europe, America, or fantasy bible black anime worlds that do not naturally involve Asians. The varied use of bleach anime animation anime wallpapers allowed artists to create characters and settings that did not look Japanese at all.
During the 1970s, there was a surge of growth in the anime art popularity of manga comics — which were often later animated anime pictures — especially those of Osamu Tezuka, who has been called a "legend" and anime angels the "god of manga". As a result of his work and that of other pioneers in the anime dickgirls field, anime how to draw anime developed characteristics and genres that are fundamental elements of the art today. The giant robot genre (known as "mecha" anime couples outside Japan), for instance, took shape under Tezuka, naruto anime developed under Go Nagai and others, and was revolutionized at the anime mp3 end of the decade by Yoshiyuki Tomino. Robot anime like Gundam and Macross became instant free anime classics in the 80s, and the robot genre of anime angel anime is still one of the most popular in anime games Japan and worldwide today. In the 1980s, anime was accepted in the mainstream in anime guys Japan, and experienced a boom in production (It should be noticed that, Manga has significantly more mainstream exposure than anime in anime music Japan). The mid-to-late '90s, on into the 2000s, saw an anime love increased acceptance of anime in overseas markets.
Etymology and anime women Pronunciation
The Japanese term for animation is アニメーション (animēshon, pronounced: ɑnime:ɕoɴ), written in katakana. It is a direct transliteration eiken anime and re-borrowed loanword (see gairaigo) of the English term "animation." The Japanese term is abbreviated as アニメ (anime, pronounced: ɑnime). Both the original and dark anime abbreviated forms are valid and interchangeable in Japanese, but as could be expected the abbreviated form anime comics is more commonly used.
The pronunciation of anime in English differs significantly from x anime Japanese. The anime movies first vowel is further forward in English than Japanese: æ is more likely than ɑ. As English and Japanese yuri anime stress words differently, the second vowel is likely to anime gallery emerge as an unstressed schwa (ə or [[I]] in English, whereas in anime d'?nur??sie Japanese each syllable carries equal stress. As anime galleries with a few other Japanese words such as Pokémon and Kobo Abé, anime is tentacle anime sometimes spelled as animé in English with an acute accent over the final e to cue the reader pregnant anime that the letter is pronounced anime music videos as Japanese e. However, this accent does not appear anime sketches in romanized Japanese, and English native speakers may produce [[eI]].
The Anime Definition
An example of les jeux de anime t?l??chargent the anime drawing style
Linguistically, the anime definition anime nurse is subject to interpretation. In Japan, the term does not specify an animation's anime backgrounds nation of origin or style; instead, it is angel anime used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world. In English, main dictionary anime lyrics sources define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or anime fairy "a style of animation anime giantess developed in Japan". Thus, non-Japanese works are sometimes called anime cartoons anime-influenced animation if they borrow stylistically from Japanese animation.
In western countries the word is used usually only to refer to angel blade anime animated programming of Japanese origin, with the term "cartoon" or "animated series" used for most other sad anime visual styles. The online anime database AniDB generally anime tickling defines anime (in the singular form) as "an animated, professionally produced, feature film created naughty anime by a Japanese company for the Japanese market". However, some anime are free anime flash games co-productions with non-Japanese companies like the Cartoon Network. Thus, anime is anime furries no longer specific to animes the Japanese market.
Syntax and morphology
Anime can be used as a common anime gifs noun, "Do you watch anime?" or as a suppletive adjective, "The anime Guyver is different from the movie Guyver." anime drawings It may also be used as a mass noun, as in "How black bible anime much anime have you anime songs collected?" and therefore is never pluralized "animes" (nouns are never pluralized in Japanese). However, in other languages where simpsons anime anime has been adopted as a loan word, it is sometimes used as a count noun anime videos anime teacher in singular and in plural as in Danish "Jeg tror, jeg vil anime vampires se en anime" ("I think I'll watch an anime") and "Hvor mange sim anime anime'er har du nu?" ("How many animes do you have now?").
Anime is sometimes referred to as Japanimation, but this term has anime tentacles fallen into disuse. Japanimation saw the most anime guy usage during the 1970s and 1980s, which broadly comprise the first anime bleach and second waves of anime fandom, and had continued use up until before the mid-1990s anime resurgence. free anime movies In general, the term now only appears in nostalgic contexts. The term is much vampire anime more commonly used within Japan to refer to domestic animation. Since anime or anime anime animēshon is used to describe all forms of anime avatars animation, Japanimation is used to distinguish Japanese work from that disney anime of the rest of the world.
In more anime episodes recent years, anime has also frequently been referred to as manga in anime les films en ligne t?l??chargent European countries, a practice that may stem from the Japanese usage: In Japan, manga can refer to both anime reviews animation and comics (although the use of manga to refer to animation is mostly restricted to anime ninja non-fans). Among English speakers, manga usually has the stricter meaning anime x of "Japanese comics". An alternate explanation is that it is due to anime tentacle monster the prominence of Manga Entertainment, a distributor of anime to the US and UK markets. anime network Because Manga Entertainment originated in anime fiction the UK the use of the term is common outside of Japan. The portmanteau "animanga" free anime downloads has been used to collectively refer to anime and manga, though it anime fairies is also a term used to describe anime swimsuit comics produced from animation cels.
Dragon Ball Z
(1989) is anime torrents a popular shōnen anime based on original manga with 291 la musique de anime de tenge de tenjou t?l??charge episodes and 13 movies.
Anime features a wide variety of artistic styles. They free anime videos vary from artist to artist or by studio to studio. They are generally characterized by detailed backgrounds anime romance and stylized characters in goth anime a variety of different settings and storylines, aimed at a wide range of anime furry audiences.
Anime has many genres typically found in affair anime any mass media form. Such genres include action, adventure, children's stories, comedy, drama, erotica (hentai), medieval fantasy, occult/horror, romance, and science fiction.
Most anime anime demons includes content from several different 3d anime genres, as well as a variety of thematic elements. anime coloring pages This can make it difficult to categorize some titles by genres. A show may have a seemingly simple surface plot, but at the anime wolf's rain same time may feature a anime downloads far more complex, deeper storyline and character development. It is not uncommon for an action themed anime to also manga anime involve humor, romance, and pokemon anime even social commentary. The same can be applied to a romance themed anime in that it may involve anime cat an action element, or in some cases brutal violence.
The following anime tentacle is a list of the major anime men genres and designations that are specific to anime and manga.
For other possible genres, see anime clips cinematic genre.
- Bishōjo: Japanese for 'beautiful girl', blanket term anime kissing that can be used to describe any anime that features pretty girl characters, for example Magic Knight anime le s?lecteur de caract?re d'akira Rayearth.
- Bishōnen: Japanese for 'beautiful boy' blanket term that can be used to anime vampire describe any anime that features "pretty" and anime couple elegant boys and men, for example Fushigi Yūgi and most CLAMP shows.
- Ecchi: Derived anime people from the pronunciation of the letter 'H,'the first letter of the word 'Hentai'. Japanese for bond anime 'indecent sexuality'. Contains mild sexual anime characters humor, and some fan service, for example Love Hina and He Is anime comic My Master.
- Hentai: Japanese for 'abnormal' or 'perverted', and used by Western Audiences to refer to pornographic anime or anime hellsing erotica. However, in Japan the term used to refer to the same free anime games material is typically Poruno or Ero. Example: La Blue Girl, MeruPuri.
- Josei: Japanese for 'young anime costumes woman', this is anime or absolute anime manga that is aimed at young women, and is one of the rarest forms. Example: NANA.
- Kodomo: Japanese for 'child', this anime maids is anime or manga that is anime music video aimed at young children, for example Doraemon. Hello Kitty, Keropi and Panda-Z are other examples.
- Robot/Mecha: Anime anime cats or manga featuring super robots, examples: Mobile Suit anime kids Gundam and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Moé: Anime or manga featuring characters bikini anime that are extremely perky or cute, for example A Little Snow Fairy Sugar and Akazukin Chacha.
- Progressive: "Art films" or extremely stylized one piece anime anime, for example Voices of a Distant Star or Byōsoku 5 star wars anime Centimetre.
- Seinen: Anime or manga targeted anime feet at teenage or young male adults, for example Oh My Goddess!, Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop.
- Sentai/Super Sentai: Literally "fighting anime icons team" in anime sheet music Japanese, refers to any show that involves a superhero team, for example Cyborg 009.
- Shōjo: Japanese for harry potter anime 'young lady' or 'little girl', refers to anime or manga targeted at girls, for example Fruits Basket, "Mermaid anime demon Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch"
- Mahō shōjo: Subgenre of furry anime shōjo known for 'Magical Girl' stories, for example Sailor Moon.
- Shōnen: Japanese demon anime for 'boys', Shōnen is like Seinen, but refers to fat anime anime or manga targeted at younger boys, for example Dragon Ball Z or anime babes free Naruto .
- Mahō shōnen: Male equivalent of Mahō Shōjo, for example DNAngel.
- Shōjo-ai/yuri: Japanese for 'girl-love', refers to anime or manga that focus on anime bible black love and romance advanced anime between female characters, for example Revolutionary Girl Utena and Kannazuki no Miko. It is often being replaced by the anime quizzes term "Girls Love" (GL).
- Shōnen-ai/Yaoi: Japanese for h anime 'boy-love', refers to anime or manga that focus anime flash games on love and romance between male characters. The term "Shōnen-ai" is being phased out in Japan due to its anime music downloads other meaning of pederasty, and is being replaced by the term "Boys Love" (BL). cool anime An example of this style is Loveless.
Some anime anime nurses titles are written for a very specific audience, even anime screensavers narrower than those described above. For example, Initial D, Wangan Midnight and éX-Driver concern street racing and car tuning. Ashita No anime thong Joe is about boxing. Hanaukyo Maid anime children Team is based on the French maid fantasy.
An example anime shows of FLCL'
s wild, exaggerated stylization.
While different anime elf titles and different artists have their own artistic free anime galleries styles, many stylistic elements have become so common such that they are described as being definitive of anime in general. These elements have anime avatar been given names anime news network of their own. The anime drawing style can be learned, particularly with the aid anime toons of books such as How to Draw Manga. Such books come complete with information anime wolf and instructions on the styles used in anime.
A common approach is the large toon anime eyes style drawn on many anime characters, credited to the influence of free anime episodes Osamu Tezuka, who was inspired by the exaggerated features of mouse anime American cartoon characters such as Betty Boop and Mickey Mouse streaming anime music over windows media player and from Disney's Bambi. Tezuka found that large eyes style allowed his characters to show emotions distinctly. Cultural anthropologist cat anime Matt Thorn argues that anime mp3s Japanese animators and audiences do not perceive such stylized eyes as inherently more anime convention or less foreign. When Tezuka began drawing Ribbon no anime desktops Kishi, the first manga specifically targeted at young girls, Tezuka further exaggerated the size of the characters' eyes. Indeed, through Ribbon no anime images Kishi, Tezuka set a stylistic template that later shōjo artists anime shower tended to follow. Another variation of this style anime video is "chibi" or "super deformed"; which nice anime usually feature huge eyes, an enlarged head, and small body.
Other stylistic elements are common as well; often in comedic anime, characters that are anime eyes shocked or surprised will perform a anime pngs "face fault", in which they display an extremely exaggerated expression. Angry fruits basket anime characters may exhibit a "vein" or "stressmark" effect, where lines representing bulging veins will appear on their watch anime online forehead. Angry women will sometimes summon a mallet from nowhere and strike someone black cat anime with it, leading to the concept watch anime cartoons of Hammerspace. Male characters will develop a bloody nose around their anime dragons female love interests (typically to indicate arousal, based on an old wives' tale). Embarrassed anime dvd characters will invariably produce a massive sweat-drop, which has become one of the anime fanart most widely recognized stereotype motifs of anime.
The degree of anime goth stylization varies from title to title. Some titles make extensive anime layouts use of common stylization: FLCL, for example, is known japan anime for its wild, exaggerated stylization. In contrast, titles such as Only Yesterday, a loveless anime film by Isao Takahata, take a much more realistic approach, and feature no stylistic exaggerations.
Anime beyond Japan
Early anime lovers anime in the United States
The United anime torrent States saw its first exposure to anime in September of 1963, when NBC syndicated a dubbed version of the Japanese series Astro Boy. Not grenadier anime counting such Japanese/American co-productions as The King Kong Show and anime princess Johnny Cypher in Dimension Zero, only evil anime seven more anime TV series were released in the United States in spiral anime the 1960s. These were 8 Man (1965), Gigantor (1966), Kimba the White anime ringtones Lion (1966), Prince Planet (1966), Marine Boy (1966), funny anime The Amazing 3 (1967) and Speed Racer (1967). Speed Racer would be the last anime series released in the United States sailor moon anime until 1978 when the 1972 series Kagaku ninja tai Gatchaman was anime free download music video adapted for American audiences as Battle of the Planets. Many anime anime wolves series that best anime made it to American television from the 1960s through the 1980s anime child tended to be sci-fi or action-oriented, such as Star Blazers (the English emo anime dub of Space Battleship Yamato) and Robotech and Voltron (both Americanized amalgamations anime pron of unrelated anime series cobbled together into a single story).
As the 1980s wore on, more anime series and films targeted at chibi anime very young children also found their way to U.S. TV anime quizes screens, often on cable television channels cartoon anime or in syndication. Nickelodeon broadcast many mostly Canadian-made English dubs of anime films during its early years, including kim possible anime TV series such as Mysterious Cities of Gold, Adventures of the Little Koala, Belle and Sebastian, The Adventures anime dvds of the Little Prince, Noozles, Maya the anime maid Bee, Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, and The Littl' anime music downloads anime music downloads Bits, many of which were aired on "Nick Jr.", the network's block of programming for very young viewers. free anime pics The Disney Channel broadcast both of the feature-length anime films starring Osamu anime 18 Tezuka's popular unicorn character Unico, and CBN redubbed and anime warriors broadcast its Bible-based anime TV series co-produced with samurai 7 anime Tatsunoko, Superbook and The Flying House. HBO also showed juvenile-targeted anime on occasion, including TV watch anime for free series such as Tales of Little Women, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, and anime fox Saban's Adventures of Pinocchio and feature films fantasy anime such as Gisaburo Sugii's 1974 Jack and the Beanstalk.
A great many anime final fantasy anime films and feature-length TV series halloween anime compilations were also released direct-to-video in the U.S., and were often available for rental at tifa anime mainstream video stores. Some titles which were distributed in the U.S. in this fashion included Candy Candy, Captain Future, Angel, Serendipity the anime character quizzes anime midi Pink Dragon, Taro the Dragon Boy, Robby the Rascal (Cybot Robotchi), and Ninja the anime cute Wonder Boy (Manga Sarutobi Sasuke).
For the most part, though, these TV gravitation anime series and films were not actively promoted as being of Japanese origin; in fact, many of kinky anime them went so far as to remove most or all Japanese names from the ninja anime credits except for credits to the animation anime midis studios. In the series themselves, character names were often changed and Japanese cultural references anime woman removed to make them more accessible to English-speaking audiences. In the free anime wallpaper late 1990s and early 2000s, this trend began to love anime change as more openly Japanese works, such as Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Gundam Wing, achieved anime gif mainstream popularity on American television. Although many of these shows anime mermaid did undergo some kind of "Americanization" in the form anime prince of tennis of character name changes and edits for violence, language, and the occasional nudity, viewers were more aware anime and manga of the shows' country of origin, anime cheerleaders which might perhaps pique their curiosity to seek out other works in a similar style.
Current reception in the United dark angel anime States
AnimeNation’s John Oppliger had this to say on the matter:
The support for good anime anime among American anime fans is very strong. The availability of anime anime conventions in America is truly impressive, especially within the anime fan community. Awareness drawing anime of Japanese animation in male anime America is at an all time high. However, mainstream acceptance of romantic anime anime in America lags far behind the advances anime has made in other respects. A close examination of anime sprites the support for anime on American television may provide a revealing and realistic gauge of the actual penetration anime chibi of anime into America and American culture. anime samurai Anime may seem like it's tremendously successful in America because its high profile, but the beautiful anime facts tell another story.
According to AC Nielsen, bleach anime music video Pixar's The Incredibles sold 16 million copies on DVD in America last year. Shark Tale sold anime drawing nearly 10 million copies. Even the DVD anime review release of Bambi sold 6 million copies in 2005. In comparison, all three Inuyasha movies combined have sold just over online anime games 1 million copies in the past year and shuffle anime a half. Evidently, the success of anime in America is very anime bath relative. American anime fans are very devoted. Through underground means hardcore American anime weight gain fans now have access to brand new Japanese anime before even many Japanese anime cartoon residents do. America's anime fan community is influential because it's affluent, intelligent, and anime direct download motivated. But it's not very large.
Despite assessments like that, and its anime hair rare and limited release anime naruto in American theaters, anime's legitimacy and respect in North America has grown well enough to anime warrior garner major native artistic awards such as zelda anime the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2002 for Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki. Anime has a dedicated anime quiz fan following in English speaking countries, particularly active on the internet, and at conventions anime trailers regularly held throughout the aloha anime US and UK.
Anime has become commercially profitable in western countries anime faces as early commercially successful western adaptations of anime, such as Astro Boy, have anime picture revealed. The phenomenal success of Nintendo's multi-billion dollar Pokémon franchise was anime tickle helped greatly by the spin-off anime series, which, first broadcast in the late 1990's, is still anime twins running worldwide to this day.
Anime is available outside of Japan kite anime in localized form. Licensed anime is modified by distributors through dubbing into the language of the country. anime baby The anime may also be edited to alter cultural references that may not be understood by a non-Japanese person anime robots and certain companies may remove what may be perceived as digimon anime objectionable content. This process was far more common in flash anime the past (e.g. One Piece), anime angles when anime was largely unheard of in the west, but its use has declined in anime swords recent years because of the demand for anime in its original form. This "light touch" black anime approach to localization has proved popular with fans as well as viewers formerly unfamiliar blonde anime with anime. The popularity mezzo forte anime of such methods is evident by the success of Naruto and Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block, both of which employ minor edits. anime fan service The "light touch" anime fanservice approach also applies to DVD releases as they often include both the dubbed audio and anime hunks the original Japanese audio with subtitles, are typically unedited. Anime edited for television is usually released on anime pic DVD "uncut," with all scenes intact.
Anime has also been a commercial success gantz anime in Asia, new anime Europe and Latin America; where anime has become even more mainstream than in the United States, for slayers anime example the Saint Seiya video game was released in Europe due to the violent anime popularity of the show even years after the series has been off-air.
Although it is a violation nurse anime of copyright laws in many countries, some fans watch fansubs, recordings of anime series that have been subtitled anime elves by fans. Watching subtitled Japanese versions, anime fun though not necessarily downloaded fansubs, is seen by many enthusiasts as the preferred anime male method of watching anime. The ethical implications of producing, distributing, or anime sword watching fansubs are topics of much controversy even when fansub groups do not profit from their activities and cease distribution of anime thongs their work once the series has anime websites been licensed outside of Japan.
It is also agreed by many fans air anime that fansubs are occasionally superior to subtitles on anime berserk released DVDs in US, as the subtitles are easier to read and the subtitles on the songs often include sing-along style anime list subtitles, often with anime school a theme associated with the show.
Influence on Western animation
Some Western animation eureka seven anime use anime methods described in anime physics. Such anime coloring examples exist in Totally Spies!, The Boondocks, W.I.T.C.H. and Teen Titans. In diaper anime addition, works such as Avatar: The Last Airbender featured Asian themes. While these examples anime cheerleader are not particularly considered as anime, they are best noted for being "influenced by anime".
- ^ Sato, anime figures anime males Kenji (2002). Media in Asia. Retrieved on 2006-11-19.
- ^ Ohara, Atsushi; Asahi Shimbun (May 11, 2006). 5 missing manga anime yumi pieces by Osamu Tezuka found in U.S. full moon rising anime (English). Asahi.com. Retrieved on 2006-08-29.
- ^ Dr. Osamu Tezuka (English). The Anime Encyclopedia. The Anime Café pretty anime (2000-03-14). Retrieved on 2006-08-29.
- ^ Gravett, anime pregnant Paul (2003). Osamu Tezuka: The God of Manga. anime series Retrieved on 2006-08-29.
- ^ a b AniDB Definition:Anime. AniDB. Retrieved on 2006-10-09.
- ^ Anime anime sisters Dictionary Definition. Dictionary.com. Retrieved on 2006-10-09.
- ^ Anime News Network anime source anime source – Lexicon. Retrieved on 2006-11-17.
- ^ Do Manga Characters Look "White"?. Retrieved on 11 December, 2005.
- ^ The concept of a bloody anime wrestling nose is supposedly due child anime to blood rushing to the face in an exaggerated blush. Sometimes the character will even be online anime propelled up into the air by a fountain of transgender anime blood. (See Nosebleeds in fiction.)
- ^ Patten, Fred; editor John A. Lent (2001). "Anime in the United States" in Animation in Asia and the Pacific. Bloomington, IN: Indiana anime pirates University Press. anime sites ISBN 0-253-34035-7.
- ^ Oppliger, John (2006-01-13). Why Does Anime Have So Little anime themes Exposure on American TV?. Ask John. AnimeNation News. Retrieved on black and white anime 2006-09-05.
- ^ Progress Against the Law: Fan Distribution, Copyright, and the Explosive Growth of Japanese happy anime Animation. Retrieved on 1 May, 2006.
- ^ "Pokemon (sic) Franchise inuyasha anime Approaches 150 Million Games Sold", PR Newswire, 2005-10-04. Retrieved on 2006-09-16.
- Clements, Jonathan; kitsune anime McCarthy, Helen (2001). The Anime Encyclopedia. Berkeley, California: Stone Bridge Press. ISBN 1-880656-64-7.
- Napier, Susan J. (2001). anime hug Anime: From Akira to Princess Mononoke. New York: Palgrave. ISBN 0-312-23862-2.
- Poitras, Gilles (1998). Anime Companion. Berkeley, California: Stone Bridge Press. ISBN 1-880656-32-9.
- Poitras, Gilles (2000). Anime Essentials. Berkeley, California: Stone south park anime Bridge Press. ISBN 1-880656-53-1.
- Baricordi, Andrea; Pelletier, Claude (2000). Anime: A Guide to Japanese witch anime Animation anime costume (1958–1988). Montreal, Canada: Protoculture. ISBN 2-9805759-0-9.
- Schodt, Frederik L. (1996). Dreamland Japan, Writings on Modern Manga. Berkeley, anime episode downloads California: Stone Bridge Press.
- Animated cartoon
- Anime game
- Anime industry
- Anime-influenced animation
- Cartoon physics
- Traditional animation
- Late night anime monster anime
- Anime News Network
- Enciclopedia Anime (In Spanish)
- Anime Music Video – d n angel anime Often Abbreviated as AMV
- Catgirl – A human girl usually depicted with cat draw an anime wolf ears and a giant women anime tail
- Chibi – Drawing in "Super Deformed" style, where the head and body are severely mar anime out of proportion.
- Cosplay – Dressing up in a costume of a fictional character
- Dōjinshi or Doujinshi – Fan made streaming anime manga based upon anime angel wings a preexisting series.
- Fanfic A story written by Fans based on preexisting plots and or casts.
- Lemons and Limes A notation anime black cat on Fan fiction anime web turnpike to warn readers of potentially explicit content.
- Japanese television dramas
- Hentai – Anime involving sexually explicit or pornographic content
- J-pop – nana anime Japanese pop music
- Lolicon – Anime involving sexual depictions of young girls
- Otaku – An obsessed collector, usually collecting punk anime manga/anime
- OVA – Original Video Animation, anime released direct-to-video
- ONA – Original Net Animation, anime castle an anime released on the net first(Very rare)
- Seiyū – Japanese anime dark angel voice actors and actresses
- Shota – Anime involving sexual depictions anime forums of young boys
- Yuri – Anime involving a girl-girl relationship
- Yaoi – Anime involving a boy-boy relationship
Licensing and translation
- Anime licensing
- Editing of anime in American distribution
- Glossary:Japanese film credit terms
- 1910s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s
- Series, Films, OVAs
- Anime Companies
- Anime theatrically released in America
- Notable names in anime (directors, creators, and so forth)
Look up anime in
Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to:
- Anime News Network - Anime news and database website
- AnimeNfo - Anime database, reviews, and community forums.
- AniDB - Database of anime series, hashes, fansub groups, and 'mylist' feature.
Categories: Semi-protected | Articles with unsourced statements | Animation | Anime | Art genres | Cartooning | Film